This is a technique for moderately kinky to naturally curly hair. Requires styling about once a week, if properly maintained.
What you’ll need:
• Moisturizing Shampoo
• Leave-In Hair Conditioner
• Spray bottle with water
• Treasured Locks Curl Defining Pomade & Gel
• Wide and/or Medium Tooth Comb
• Hooded Hair Dryer
• Hand Held Hair Dryer
1) Wash hair with moisturizing shampoo and condition with a detangling conditioner.
2) Leave hair wet and comb through to detangle with a wide tooth comb.
3) While hair is wet saturate with Treasured Locks Locks of Curls Pomade & Gel
4) Part hair into sections about 1/2” to 1”. Add pomade to each section as you work
5) With a wide to medium tooth comb, begin to gently comb hair one section at time from root to end. Start at the neck and work your way to the front of your hair. Pull the hair slowly to elongate your natural kinks into smoother, longer curls.
6) It’s important to keep the hair wet during this process. Use a spray bottle with water, or Protective Mist Bodifier or Treasured Locks Leave-In Conditioner.
7) The look you are going for is smoother, longer curls while your hair is wet. You will then “set” the hair using a hooded dryer to maintain the curl when dry.
8) Sit under a hooded dryer for an hour or until hair is fully dry. It’s important to have the look you want before you sit under the dryer. If you want a part in your hair, part it now. If the curls are elongated now, they will not be any longer later.
9) After drying, for further elongation of curls, you can use a hand-held dryer. Grab, the hair by the end and gently stretch it while blowing hot air on it from the root down to the mid-point of the hair.