1. Color is important. This season, the color is white. From a jacket to accessories to shorts, anything white is great. White eyelet is fabulous in a jacket, blouse or a dress. Gold and silver metallics are also important. A linen jacket with a metallic thread captures the look and goes well with other pieces. The look carries through for fall when metallic leather jackets will be key. For summer, shop for gold or silver paired with white.
2. Shop for shorts this season, especially knee shorts or short shorts. You can wear a knee short for casual occasions or dress it up with a pair of heels. Pair it with a short, shaped jacket and it replaces the pencil skirt to become the “new suit.” Choose a wedge heel or strappy sandal to complete the look for a dressier occasion. It’s a look that most women can wear. It looks fabulous if you’re short, especially with a high heel. You can also
wear it with a ballerina flat, especially if you’re tall.
3. Sixties-inspired dresses are another key item this summer. Wear them dressy with a heel or more casually with a flat. Pair a shorter retro print dress with a jean. I love the maxi dress for the summer because it’s so fresh looking on a hot day. Wear it with a
casual flat for day and a jeweled flat or wedge heel for evening. Dresses make you feel pulled together without a lot of thought.
4. Ruffles in blouses and jackets are another important look and one that’s really feminine. Pair a ruffled blouse or jacket with a slim skirt or tailored pant. Tunics are easy summer dressing with a pencil pant or slim short. It’s no fuss, easy to wear and cool -not only cool-looking. Pair it with linen for a great look and accessorize it with a gold braided chain belt slung over the hip.
5. Patent leather is huge in handbags, belts and shoes and will continue into the fall. It’s great to do a patent bag with patent shoes or a patent belt. Important colors for this accessory are white, black and red.